October 7, 2015
Equinix and Nimbo Streamline Enterprise Migration to AWS
Direct Connect Bundles and Cloud Enablement Package Build on Success of Equinix AWS Direct Connect
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- At AWS re:Invent today, Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, together with Nimbo, announced two solutions to streamline Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud deployments inside Equinix – the AWS Direct Connect Converged Infrastructure bundle and Equinix Cloud Exchange™ enablement solutions. Both will be available in all Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers that offer AWS Direct Connect or Equinix Cloud Exchange.
Today, enterprises are looking to move more production workloads to the cloud to achieve business agility, improve application performance, and control costs. However, many organizations must navigate a range of tools, technologies and data security concerns when expanding their private IT platform to include the advantages that the cloud can provide. AWS Direct Connect bundles are a set of advanced hybrid architectures that help reduce this complexity while providing peak performance for customers moving to AWS.
The AWS Direct Connect Converged Infrastructure bundles feature deployment tools from Nimbo; NetApp's NPS capability and Cisco technologies; along with secure, direct connection inside Equinix's data centers. These bundles enable enterprises to use the same storage and network management tools used in their on-premises deployments as they migrate to public or hybrid cloud architectures. Customers can now connect familiar infrastructure to AWS and receive the crucial security, performance and control they need, while benefiting from direct, private access to AWS. Locating their infrastructure in the same Equinix data center as an AWS Direct Connect access node provides a high level of security, performance and control, enabling customers to fully leverage the flexible options that hybrid cloud provides.
In addition to collaborating on the AWS Direct Connect Converged Infrastructure bundles, Equinix and Nimbo will also provide Equinix Cloud Exchange configuration and foundation enablement services, either as part of the Equinix Cloud Exchange Starter-Kit or as individual, stand-alone offerings. The Equinix Cloud Exchange Configuration Package provides enterprises with configuration and testing services for a supported cloud service provider, such as AWS, along with the customer router(s) attached to the Equinix Cloud Exchange. This provides a turnkey cloud connection, an immediately useable cloud account, and a seamless extension to cloud services for corporate resources.
Equinix and Nimbo are attending this week's AWS re:Invent conference and showcasing the Equinix Cloud Exchange configuration and foundation enablement solutions. Equinix will be in booth 930 and Nimbo in booth 1031. For more information on the AWS Direct Connect Converged Infrastructure Bundles, click here.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Equinix has seen tremendous enterprise adoption of AWS Direct Connect since Equinix announced its availability in select data centers in 2011. In 2014 alone, Equinix experienced a 90 percent increase in the number of enterprise connections to AWS. Many Equinix and NetApp customers have experienced the benefits of securely connecting to AWS, ensuring the performance and availability of mission-critical applications and workloads.
- Equinix, leveraging its acquisition of Nimbo, has developed integrated deployment tools to ease the setup and configuration of networking and cloud-based storage for AWS. Nimbo specializes in migrating business applications to the cloud with extensive experience moving legacy applications into a hybrid cloud architecture, and connecting legacy data centers to the cloud. Additionally, Nimbo is an Advanced Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN).
- Greg Adgate, vice president, global technology partners, Equinix: "We are seeing significant growth in enterprise customers looking to connect to AWS in our facilities, and specifically in a hybrid model. These customers are increasingly looking to hybrid cloud architectures to maximize their IT investments and realize the benefits of the cloud. With these integrated solutions, we are helping enterprises expedite their transition to the cloud and quickly extend their existing infrastructure to AWS."
- Joerg Joergensen, CFO, Nimbo: "We're very excited about our continued relationship with AWS, as well as the additional breadth of services the Equinix acquisition has facilitated. Joining the Equinix family in January 2015 has enabled Nimbo to help our customers develop an even more complete strategy for evolving towards the hybrid cloud. 2014 presented some fantastic opportunities to help large enterprise customers, specifically in the resources industry, take advantage of AWS's scalability, reduced time to market, and cost efficiencies. With these new solutions, we look forward to continued success helping companies realize the benefits of both public and hybrid architectures."
- Bruce Burns, vice president of the cloud business group, NetApp: "NetApp has been working closely with Equinix and AWS for several years to help design and validate different hybrid cloud deployments that will benefit our customers. Like NetApp Private Storage for AWS and Cloud On-Tap, the Converged Infrastructure bundles are a great example of how we are working together to create additional options for customers that will help redefine the way IT platforms are designed going forward."
- Hal Bennett, General Manager, Global Technology Partners, Amazon Web Services, Inc.: "As enterprise customers continue their journey to the cloud, they sometimes require a hybrid approach to maximize their IT investments and realize the benefits of the AWS Cloud in a secure, controlled way. As long-time members of the AWS Partner Network (AWS), Equinix and Nimbo are helping customers realize the benefits of the AWS Cloud. With their introduction of these new solutions and Direct Connect Bundles, Equinix and Nimbo support customers by enabling hybrid cloud deployments."
- Moving to Amazon Web Services (and Beyond): Faster Cloud Enablement Is Now Easier [blog post]
- Learn more about AWS Direct Connect Converged Infrastructure bundles [datasheet]
- Learn more about AWS Direct Connect inside Equinix data centers [website]
- AWS Direct Connect Now Available in Equinix Data Centers [press release]
- Amazon Expands AWS Direct Connect Inside Equinix [press release]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. /.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.