Our Expanding Global Footprint
1998: Equinix opens first IBX in Washington DC
2002: Completed a merger with I-STT and Pihana Pacific expanding our footprint to 11 IBX in 7 Metros
2007: Acquired IX Europe expanding our footprint to 40 IBX in 16 Metros
2010: Acquired Switch & Data expanding our footprint to 89 IBX in 34 Metros
2011: Acquired ALOG expanding our footprint to 96 IBX in 36 Metros
2016: Acquired Telecity Group and Bit-isle expanding our footprint to 169 IBX in 40 Metros
2017: Acquired Verizon Data Centers expanding our global footprint to 175+ IBX in 44 Metros
Explore the Newest IBX® Data Centers
Miami – Home of the primary exchange to Latin America
- Primary internet exchange point between the U.S. and Latin American markets
- Direct interconnection to 625 Equinix customers collocated in the Miami area
- Access to the Department of State’s Diplomatic Telecommunications Service
Madrid Data Centers
- MD1 has 18 carriers and MD2 has 45+ providing network connectivity services at the facilities
- Customers can also benefit from direct connections to ESpanix – the main Spanish Internet peering exchange
- Cloud connectivity is a key feature within the metro
Lisbon Data Centers
- The Equinix carrier-neutral data center providing network services to the site and is the main provider of data center services in the city.
- Lisbon represents an important international connectivity hub, with sub-sea cables connecting the Iberian Peninsula from Lisbon to Africa and South America
Seville Data Centers
- The center has an important role in serving the local IT community as well as providing disaster recovery and business continuity capability for national and international businesses
- The Equinix data center in Seville is the most connected facility in the region providing a dense mix of top global networks cloud service providers, digital content companies and social media platforms
- The Seville data center is connected to the Canalink cable which lands in Morocco and the Canary Islands
Istanbul – Access to European, Middle East and Asian Markets
- Business capital of Turkey connecting enterprises between Europe and Asia
- Interconnect with 150+ world’s leading organizations
- Gain access to a market forecasted to become Europe’s second largest manufacturing hub
Barcelona Data Centers
- Connections to 40+ network service providers
- The Equinix BA1 data center is the only carrier-neutral facility in Barcelona.
- The city is strategically located for international communications with sub-sea cables connecting to Marseille and on to the rest of the Iberian Peninsula
Solve Four Major Digital Transformation Challenges
See at-a-glance how to solve challenges around multi-cloud connectivity, application delivery, global geography and customer experience.
Interconnected Ecosystems Drive Business at the Digital Edge
Plug directly into business ecosystems for game-changing performance, agility and scale at the digital edge—wherever physical and virtual worlds come together.
See how the widest geographic reach and broadest selection of service providers gives you transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data.